Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryer vent wall cover/pass through

Posted by mmmbeantown (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 29, 10 at 20:08

Replaced the old vinyl slinky that the previous home owner had installed for our natural gas dryer (surprised he never had problems). Sadly at the interior wall where the duct passes through I don't have cover to clean up the hole. There was one, thinking it would be easy to find I already tossed it.

Can't find a replacement! Am I missing something here? THANKS in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryer vent wall cover/pass through

Just buy some aluminum flashing and cut a 4" hole in the middle and attach it to the wall.
Ron

o
RE: Dryer vent wall cover/pass through

I think what you are looking for is a 4" Round Wall Escutcheon.I am assuming you from the Boston area, this should be an easy find. Your best bet is the local HVAC supplier or someone that specializes in duct work, not the box stores.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here