Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener & Motion Sensor Light

Posted by sajjad_2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 19:51

I have a Craftmans Garage Door Opener Model: 139.53779. It was working fine until I installed a Motion Sensor Security light on the garage door wall.

Now both my remotes and car remote are not working. The door opens with the button mounted on the wall but NOT with the remote controls. I call Craftsman and they tried to reset the main unit by releasing all the frequencies and reseting the remote, but that did not help.
I did disconnect the Motion Sensor light but to no avail.

Can anyone help or suggest a solution?

Thanks
Sajjad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener & Motion Sensor Light

that makes no sense. only thing i can think of would be to check the safety sensor beam and make sure they are still lined up. maybe you knocked them out of alignment. of course, that should only affect CLOSING, not opening.

other than that, was there a light there previously or did you tap off the AC outlet for the GDO? did you kill power before installign the light? maybe you shorted the wires and made it go stupid.

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener & Motion Sensor Light

sounds like someone inadvertently put your opener into "lock" or "vacation" mode. Is there an LED light on the wall control? Is it blinking? if so, press and hold the "lock" button for ~ 10 seconds. Does the light stay on solid without blinking? try the opener again.

Hope this helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here