Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman garage door opener adjustments

Posted by everguard (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 16:24

I just purchased a home that has a craftsman door opener, model 139.186006. The previous owner had disconnected it for security reasons. I have reconnected it but it will not operate properly. When I use the remote and click to open the drive moves about 12 inches up and then automatically moves back down. I have adjusted settings on the side and back of the unit and nothing seems to make a difference. I repeatedly clicked the remote and after each cycle the unit would move about 1 inch towards the power box. After about 25 cycles it stopped at the bolt next to the power box but will not move back down. Anyone know what is wrong? Thanks, Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman garage door opener adjustments

If the model number you give is anywhere close to being right that opener is older than you are. The last owner knew what he was doing when he disconnected it. Do yourself a favor and purchase a new one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here