Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repairing water-damaged eaves etc???

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 08 at 14:49

When we took down our gutters last week, we noticed some water damage around our house, on the fascia boards, a bit on the eaves, and on the roof rafters (I think that's the correct term)--the pieces that stick outside the walls of the house (they are under the eaves). We do not have a soffit.

I know we can replace the fascia, but how do we repair the water damage on the eaves and on the "rafters" ? Thankfully, the water damage does not extend even halfway up the rafters, but some of the eaves are maybe three-quarters rotten with water damage.

Thanks for any help!
Sooz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repairing water-damaged eaves etc???

call in a pro to look at it. if your water damage is bad enough to rot wood, then that wood needs to be replaced. since it holds up the roof, it is structural and should be left to someone who KNOWS wha tthey are doing.

o
RE: Repairing water-damaged eaves etc???

I'm on it! Thanks for your input!

Smiles,
Sooz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here