Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftman 139.664 garage door opener

Posted by ineedhelp16 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 14:45

I bought a house with a craftsman 139.664 garage door opener. It has a keypad on the outside. How can I reset the key pad? The previous owners did not use it and did not know the code. I've searched the internet for a user manual and talked with sears parts central. She told me to look for the manual online...not much help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftman 139.664 garage door opener

The model number you give is missing several digits but:

If the keypad is hardwired do this:

To program the keypad, first unplug the garage door opener from the electrical outlet. Next, remove the nameplate from the console that the keypad plugs into and locate the program/operate switch. Flip the switch to program. Next, enter your desired four-digit PIN number into the keypad. Slide the switch back to operate and plug the garage door opener back in. The keypad should be programmed.

If the keypad is wireless do this:

Locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and immediately release this and then walk over to the keypad and key in any 4 digit code you like and press enter.

There may be other things involved but without a full model number no one can know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here