Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Furnace fan will not turn off

Posted by wazzy (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 13:51

I have a Lennox furnace and just recently the blower motor will not shut off. I've reprogrammed the Thermostat (digital) and no help. The Air conditioner cycles as it should so it is not effected. The only way to turn the fan off is manually at the furnace switch...any help will be appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Furnace fan will not turn off

The characteristics you describe point to the fan control relay. The thermostat could be bad but I think it is the fan center. A good repair company will have them on the truck. Depending on how old your unit is, you might have a unit with a control board which could have a problem.

o
RE: Furnace fan will not turn off

Hi Check the fan switch on the thermostat it should be on auto.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here