Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmurray50

Craftsman Garage Door Opener

lmurray50
14 years ago

I replaced the gears in a Craftsman door opener but before I could reassemble the unit my wife threw out the parts, in particular the faceplate with the light unit where the model number is printed. My unit is probably at least 15 years old. Anyone out there with an older unit I would appreciate it if you would provide me with the model number on the faceplate. Sears parts says they cannot determine the parts without the model number. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• don_1_2006
    14 years ago

You can use model number 139.53673SRT. The part numbers are 41A4352 for the end panel and 41A1344 for the lamp socket.

• do_it_herself
    14 years ago

I have an older Craftsman Garage Door Opener. The chain has come of the sprocket. I am not sure how to get it back on the sprocket, it is very tight. Any help would be appreciated.

• don_1_2006
    14 years ago

That is not a normal problem and is generally caused by a bad bearing in the Gear & Sprocket Assembly. The bad bearing lets the shaft lean and the chain pops off. You can loosen the chain by loosening the nut on the trolley. Follow the chain around and when it gets to the part that connects to the door you will see the adjustments. Before you put it back on, run the opener until the sprocket runs counterclockwise and stops. Then with the door in the open position put the chain back on the sprocket. But unless the assembly is replaced the chances are it will do it again. Be very careful and have it unplugged when you are working around that sprocket.

• buck704
    14 years ago

The oor don't closse each time with the remote. Sometimes it closes on the third try. Other times it works fine It starts down about a foot and goes back up. The sensors are lit yellow and green. Is there a torq adjustment on these openiers? If I pull down when this
    problem occurs it closes.

• ndg39
    14 years ago

I need some help with my Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener. Today it just went dead. It opened and closed when my wife got home and when I got home, I noticed the green light on the wall button was out. I checked the power and there is power to the outlet where the opener is plugged in but the wall button isn't working and the remotes do not not open it. It just seems dead. I thought maybe a fuse had blown. Is there one? Any suggestions would be helpful otherwise, I'm off to replace it. It is only about 6 years old. I'm the original owner.

• don_1_2006
    14 years ago

Pull the logic board and look for burnt or missing traces on the printed circuit. Most especially around the small transformer.

• ndg39
    14 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, Don. I pulled out the manual to figure out how to get to the logic board and then started working on it. I probably should not have started working on it while it was plugged in but I started to remove the 4 screws on the side under the white light cover. I was thinking I'd unplug it when I went to the other side. So then the strangest thing happened. As I removed the 4th screw (bottom closest to the door), the unit came to life. It just came on. I put the screws back in and everything seems normal except I've noticed that the light will click off and then on once, once in a while. I haven't seen a pattern yet. Other than that, the unit seems to be working normally. When I get some time, I'll take the covers off and reseat all the connections but for now, I guess I'll count my blessings. Thanks again for the direction.