Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eroded Concrete

Posted by iggie (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 10:53

I have a 4 yr old concrete driveway that has pock mark and some eroded spots. The eroision and pock marking seem to have stopped and the remaining concrete seems solid. Has anyone used any of the products available for resurfacing. I posted here about problem last year and was told about a metod of repair that used pure Portland cement worked into damaged areas. I tried this on a couple of small areas. Apparantly I did something wrong because it did not work. The repair looked good and seemed like it bonded well, but itcame out after about a month. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eroded Concrete

can you post pics?

small pock marks are easier repaired with concrete patch, preferably the kind in a tube like caulk. what usually happens is that not all teh rock(aggregate) in the concrete was below teh surface. they work loose and come out and leave a small hole.

if the concrete has eroded in 4 years, then the jake leg that did the work mixed it wrong. you are probably going to start seeing major cracks/breaks before long. it may be better to just rip it out and pour new.

o
RE: Eroded Concrete

I am not sure what you have, but this article appeared in today's newspaper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete overlay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here