Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Value Dry or Ct Basement Systems

Posted by melishawk (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 8:55

Hi, I am trying to decide which company in CT to use to dry out my wet basement. I have read through several scarry threads! Reps from both companies have already been here. I did not experience the rude, hard sell from value dry as the people in the dc area. Value dry seems to be the smarter plan...try to stop the water before it gets to the room. They have a lifetime guarantee while CBSys. has a 12 month guarantee. Value dry uses drywall and studs to finish a basement while CBSys says you must use a wall and floor system to allow the water that does get in to drain. I'm not sure what to do. Who is right? Their prices are similar. Please Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Value Dry or Ct Basement Systems

Well for me the most important point would be to stop the moisture/water before it gets in and to have some sort of backup drain/sump system in place. Sounds like maybe CBS wants to install a raised floor and drain away the water that gets under it. I would think that this method is going to result in a potential mold problem. A good gutter system and proper drainage away from the house is going to go a long way toward solving the wet basement problem. without the right conditions outside the house, you are always going to have moisture problems inside the basement.

o
RE: Value Dry or Ct Basement Systems

Value Dry Basement Waterproofing is one of the largest American Basement Waterproofing Companies and their experience is unsurpassed. They've done about 150,000 basements. You can't beat that anywhere. Installing a basement perimeter drainage system is probably something Value Dry could do blind folded. They've got an A Rating with the Better Business Bureau so there aren't really any Value Dry complaints out there. And after doing that many basements you can rest assured they'll do the job right and won't damage your foundation. So whether it's Value Dry vs. CT Basement or American Dry or Value DRy vs Basement Systems, I'm pretty sure Value Dry usually comes out on top. There are tons of positive Value Dry reviews out there and not so many Value Dry complaints! That's a good indicator.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.valuedry.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here