Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stucco wall finish at bottom

Posted by organicleaves (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 29, 10 at 1:09

The house I live in has stucco walls that end at the ground. Erosion from rain has left some parts of the wall very unsightly as the soil has washed away leaving the unfinished stucco exposed. I live in Arizona and have seen a few houses done this way. Is there any way to finish off the bottom of the stucco after it has been installed? I think the idea was to match a newer addition of stucco over framed construction with an existing stuccoed concrete block wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stucco wall finish at bottom

Its labor intensive and there is a learning curve

If the stucco has been painted, clean the surface to be repaired, chip off any irregularities.
Purchase some stucco color coat product and a sponge applicator, mix to a medium thick consistency and apply.
When dry,paint to match.

If the area has not been painted, the process is the same.

Except that, you purchase "add-mix" color that is available.

There are also vendors, other than the big boxes, whom, if you bring a sample, will blend for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here