Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman GDO error code

Posted by hoosierham (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 22:51

I have a Craftsman GDO model 41A4315-7B. I have no booklet on it. The green LED by the reset button flashes 5 times then waits before flashing 5 time... etc. When I press the wall switch (one Button) the motor hums, the light comes on and that is all. Any Clues?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman GDO error code

That is the code for "RPM sensor or motor overload." Most times the door is stuck in the open position when you get this. Check if the trolley (the thing the chain is attached to) is jammed against a bolt just in front of the motor unit.

o

Thanks for the info Don. That was indeed the situation except that the drive mechanism seemed to be jammed too. When I took off the cover I also found that the main drive gear was broken in half. So as soon as I get a new gear assembly it will be back in operation.

Thanks again.

o

Same problem, except the gear is not broken, yet. I unplugged it for about an hour hoping it would reset and then move in the close direction. No deal. Any ideas on getting this unjammed?

I also did not see any sensor that would tell it has reached the fully open position.

o

If you indeed have the same problem remove the bolt just in front of the motor unit and run the opener until the door closes. While it is closed adjust the 'up limit' a couple turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. You will find this control on the side of the unit. Be sure to replace the bolt.

o

At that point, after removing the bolt and resetting
the limit, is there a way to "clear" the flashing light
so it stops flashing 5 times over and again ad infinitum??

o

It should turn off by itself once the problem is cured. That little light will always flicker randomly though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here