Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior corner between siding and brick (pics)

Posted by archangelus2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 22:44

We have an enclosed patio that we are trying to convert into a babies room and their is an inch or so gap between the brick and the "siding" that I need to do something with. Right now their is a piece of trim kind of floating there that just isn't doing it for me.

How would you guys go about meeting these two walls together?

Angry face
Angry face

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior corner between siding and brick (pics)

The only way it will look good is to cut the siding back so that it runs in to whatever you block out the corner with; perhaps a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 trim piece. You could scribe it in but a little more diificult.

o

"We have an enclosed patio that we are trying to convert into a babies room..."

Remove siding, install interior finished wall up to brick.

o

Even if we removed the siding, how do we meet the drywall up with the brick?

o

Install an "L" bead (with integral paper tape) at the vertical edge of the drywall as close to the brick as practical and then fill the joint with a paintable sealant or a sealant the color of the brick.

o

I have read about L beads but don't understand exactly what they do for you, why can't you butt the bare drywall up against the brick?

o

"why can't you butt the bare drywall up against the brick?"

Brick is not that flat.
The mortar joints are typically tooled to be below the face of the brick.

A piece of wood helps hide the joint, and coupled with some caulk makes for a smoother transition.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here