Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 22:17
|I have 2 of these units in my house. One works fine. The other just without warning open or close by itself.I took the batteries out of the remotes thinking it was the remotes make go off by itself. I just unplug it now , but there should be a better way. Help!!!|
|The most common cause of this problem is a bad wall control or the wiring leading to it. You can eliminate the wall control by removing it from the wall and then removing one of the leads to it or you can eliminate them both by removing the wire from terminal 1 on the rear of the motor unit. The wiring sometimes gets intermittent shorts caused by the staples used by the installer.|
Return to the Home Repair Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here