Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Door Opener problem

Posted by hutchanne (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 15, 10 at 19:11

My Sears wall mount control will not open the garage door. Both remotes do and also the keyless entry works fine. But the wall mount control box just blinks constantly with the green light flashing. It will not open my door. I have tried holding down the lock button as suggested. No luck...the sensors work..I have no batteries in that control...just a top control /lock button/ light button. Any suggestions. ThX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Opener problem

Strange problem to be sure. Usually when the green light in the wall control is flashing the remotes will not work. Anyway if it as you say I would remove the control from the wall and then disconnect the 2 wires on the back. Remember which one went where. One has a red stripe. Now try momentarily shorting the two wires together. If the door works the wall control is definitely bad.

o

I just answered this question on another forum. Exact same issue. Did this start to malfunction after a storm?
Ron

o

door opener signal is weak,you have to be right on top of it for it to open

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here