Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old mcculloch chainsaw

Posted by Ohioboy15 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 18:23

I just bought a used mcculloch eager beaver 14'' chainsaw.
Im trying to find the model number and serial so i can buy a new chain for it but am having a hard time locating it. All Ive seen is the eager beaver, then on the top decal(how it tells you to start it) is "2.0 CID" then at the bottom of the decal in tiny print is 130y....nothing that says model number or anything not even on the bottom of the saw...anyone can help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old mcculloch chainsaw

take the old chain to a chain saw repair shop, they can make a new one.

Or, look at the identifying info on the chain dogs(the parts that ride in the bar and are turned by the sprocket), count those dogs and find/have a chain made with that kind of chain and that number of dogs.

If you are shopping for ready made chains at WalMart/etc.-----Good Luck.

o

Yeah my issue is i have no repair shops around here, so i gotta find a chain with 49 "dogs"

o

Order one online.

o

You may find this table useful

Here is a link that might be useful: chainsaw reference

o

Do you have a True Value near you? Ours does sharpening and repair for chains.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here