Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify old door latch with no hole

Posted by rhw80 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 17:00

Can anyone identify the manufacturer and/or model of this door latch? I have these all throughout my house (about 25 years old) on bedrooms and closets and most are wearing out to the point that they will not open. There is no hole, only a plunger mechanism. I've not been able to identify these so I can't search for replacements.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify old door latch with no hole

I have not seen any new locks in that style less than about 50 years old.

Might be time to drill the doors for a more modern lock.

o

They're common in this subdivision (build around 1989). All the neighbors have them, with the same problems. I thought of replacing them but all the lever type handles and dummy handles would all need replaced as well and at $15 to $20 a pop, that's a big expense to redo the entire house.

o

They're common in this subdivision (build around 1989). All the neighbors have them, with the same problems. I thought of replacing them but all the lever type handles and dummy handles would all need replaced as well and at $15 to $20 a pop, that's a big expense to redo the entire house.

o

Oops - ignore that repost.

o

Perhaps a tract builder used the same hardware throughout. If so, the exterior locks would be from the same source and probably are marked. Or the key would help identify the maker. I vaguely recall seeing that type before. If all else fails, ask Weiser if it is their product.

o

Try Blaine in Hagerstown, MD or Stry-Buc Industries near Phila, PA. Both offer old window & door parts and have descriptive catalogs for identification.

Good luck.

o

And neither have anything like that for certain as they don't sell that type of hardware.

o

Looks like a Weslock 800 series. Try the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Door Hardware

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here