Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexie76

storm door won't latch

Lexie76
10 years ago

My Larson storm door is not latching. Lowes installed it in Dec 2012 and it was working fine until about 2 months ago I noticed that it was not latching. Up until 2 months ago the door was slammed on me. I was fine with it because it closed immediately after I went inside. Now I have to pull from the inside or push hard from the outside to get it to latch. http://www.larsondoors.com/storm_doors/products/349_20

I am not at all handy and was watching youtube videos for a quick fix, including a video on Larson's website. I adjusted the top closer counter clock wise and it did not do anything. I took the bottom closer off and turned the top closer and nothing. The hole on the closer would not align with the hole on the rods!!! What have I done?? I am still able to lock the door for now but need to get this fixed Do I need to drill new holes to get the closer and rod to align? Is this the reason the door won't automatically latch? The nail used to hold the closer and rod together is not bend. Not sure if this means anything. Thanks.

Comment (1)