Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with roof color please

Posted by MrsShayne (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 14:28

Hello! About 2 months ago I had a guy stop by my house and ask if he could check my roof. I'm in a "cookie cutter" neighborhood and noticed half my neighbors have been getting new roofs so I let the guy check mine out. He said I had wind and hail damage so I filed a claim and now my insurance is covering the cost (minus my deductible). At first I choose the color weatherwood - it's a middle color tan and I noticed a lot of neighbors have this color too. It looks OK in my opinion. But then I started thinking about changing my shutters and front door down the road and I think I like the darker roofs better. They also look richer in my mind. Of course a darker rood may make my house hotter..

Now I don't know what to do. I was leaning toward dual brown and driftwood but dual brown looks like it could have some red in it and I don't want any red. Now I'm thinking driftwood but I Googled some pics and Driftwood almost looks black. Please help.

This post was edited by MrsShayne on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 14:30

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with roof color please

Here are the color choices. Brand is IKO Cambridge.

o

Was that you that earlier posted over in the Familiar Relations Forum asking for help naming your children?

Oh wait, that would be a personal choice matter.

o

@salt NO, that wasn't me. My kids names are Frank and Ralphie. I didn't have any trouble picking out their names. My roof on the other hand is causing me problems.

If anyone out there with a real opinion would like to chime in then I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I enjoy the jokes too.

Have a great day :)

o

Hi,
I know a person who had a reroof in what looks like your Dual Brown. She now says here house is much hotter.Dark absorbs heat light reflects heat. you may want to consider it. We live in S Calif.
Woodbutcher

o

Weatherwood is the color I have on my house. It's not as hot and very universal color. I'd go with it again.

o

Cyanoacrylate adhesive provides strong bonds,fast acting adhesive that sticks almost instantly,it provides easy way of sticking two things. It's impervious to water, but can be dissolved with an organic solvent, such as acetone.

Here is a link that might be useful: cranoacrylate adhesive

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here