Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman garage door opener model number 139.53310

Posted by tim4966 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 14:17

older model, has no eyes. worked fine then all of a sudden it wont go up. everytime you hit the button for to open it, either the wall mount or the remote it wants to go in the down direction every time. I disconnected the chain and watched the gears while I hit the button, every time they only turned in the direction that would close the door. For some reason it will not go in the opposite direction. anyone have any ideas about this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman garage door opener model number 139.53310

It sounds like the 'down limit' contacts are not making. On the cover you removed to check the gear it lists which control is which. Turn the 'down limit' control a couple turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Some tweaking of this control will now probably be necessary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here