Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

repairing cracked walls

Posted by labuck710 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 11:22

i have cracked corners in my walls of our home, i was told to use
durabond 90, what is the procedure of prepairing the walls and the ratio of the durabond90,? my husband is just learning to do all this

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: repairing cracked walls

Durabond90 is a hard setting wallboard joint compound. The premixed joint compound is softer and sands easier.

The corners (the cracks) need to be taped with fiberglass or paper tape.

You husband should go to a big box store - and look at the books on installing drywall.

RE: repairing cracked walls

Assuming this is wallboard and not plaster.

RE: repairing cracked walls

Thanks .. nice post.. :)

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here