Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
concrete slab for exterior building

Posted by ctghost (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 08 at 11:07

Not sure which forum to post this in, so I am trying several.

I am purchasing a 10' x 16' wooden stick constructed building for my backyard. One of two ways they construct it is to buildit on pressure treated beams and then block it level directly on the ground. Or if I wish I can have a slab poured and have it placed directly on the slab.

Not sure which is the best method as to possibly increasing the value of my property and longevity, etc. Does anyone have an opinion as to the better method and what it might cost to have a slab poured?

The cost for the building is approximately $3500.00.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: concrete slab for exterior building

value wise on slab will be more. call a couple of concrete companies and see what they would charge for that size slab.

o

Check your local zoning laws carefully.

In most jurisdictions if it sits on PT beams it is considered a temporary structure and you can erect it without any hassles.

If it is on a slab or a foundation it is considered a permanent structure and you must get an approved site plan and pull a permit before you may begin erecting it.

o

My gut reaction is that a slab is the better way to go. What is this new structure going to be used for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here