Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Layering Siding

Posted by hhl1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 10:59

Anybody know what this product is?
http://www.mosbybuildingarts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/layers-of-siding.jpg

My doesnt like the look/color of our siding (fairly new and insulated too so don't want to replace it). So something like the product shown would be great. Any ideas appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Layering Siding

I call it WOK siding..

The official name of it is Wpc Siding Panel. It is a cheap Chinese product that I would not put on a dog house (that goes for all Chinese building products for me). They are different styles of it that is installed in different ways.

Cant say what the official name for the stand off/spacers are called. We just call them "ball joints". They are used to place the siding out away from old wood lap siding when the home owner does not want the old siding removed.

o

WOK siding, I don't care who you are that's funny (not politically correct but funny none the less).

o

It is not the wood look that I care about just the possibility of bigger (8" siding) over the smaller 4" stuff. So if there are other non Chinese options then I'm good with those.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here