Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which cement color is the best to match red brick wall?

Posted by coody (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 10:38

I want to repair mortar between bricks on the exterior wall. Since the bricks are red, I have to mix the mortar with the cement color. I saw two similar cement color, red and terra cotta in the HD. Do you have experience to use the cement color? Do you think which cement color is the best to match the red color brick wall, the red or terra cotta? See red wall and cement color. Thank you for your answer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which cement color is the best to match red brick wall?

Post a photo. What you're describing is unusual. Mortar does not match the brick, ever.

o

The photos have already been there. Click on the purple words underlined.

o

From your photos you are trying to patch a crack above windows where mortar should not be to begin with. http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/followshot/MortarCrack.jpg

If you feel you have to replace mortar, use plain old mortar to match what is between the bricks.

It will crack again. Mortar was used where caulk should be.

o

Hi! Do you mean to use caulk patch where the mortar is? What kind of caulk are you talking about? In addition, what do you mean the plain old mortar? Where and how to get it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here