Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning bird droppings off new concrete drive

Posted by sunnyinwisc (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 9:20

My driveway was poured a little over a week ago and I am wanting to clean it and seal it. I tried to wash away the droppings daily but it's berry season here and they have my new drive and walk so stained up. My power washer didnt faze it and I was wondering what to use? Bleach? TSP?

What is safe for new concrete?

Thanks in advance!

~Sunny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning bird droppings off new concrete drive

So your problem is actually berry stains, not bird droppings (which do come off with water)?

o

Hi, My problem is the birds are eating the berries and sitting in my birch tree and blasting my new drive and walk. I dont even have any berries in my yard! Its quite a mess and I want to clean it before I seal it. Its newly poured and probably very pourous?

o

i assume the sealer is clear? if it is not clear, then it don't really matter as long as your get the stuff off the surface as best you can.

does your pressure washer have soap injection? if so then some dish soap and HOT water should do it.

o

Hi,
Yes the sealer is clear, and non-yellowing. The stains have faded to a brown stain, and I am going to hit it again with bleach and the pressure washer.
Thanks for your advice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here