Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Electric strike repair

Posted by tjburke (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 8:54

I recently purchased a house with a working Electric strike plate, which allows us and other tenants to "buzz" the door unlocked when guests are ringing the door bell. The issue is recently the latch isn't working. I've tried my magic without success. WHO DO YOU call to repair or replace???Locksmiths don't want to deal with electricity and electricians want no part of it.
Thanks for any assistance

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Electric strike repair

You can get replacements at most commercial door hdw. suppliers.
Contact a security CO. for repairs.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here