Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roofer recommendations - Rockville,MD area and other qns..

Posted by greenfingernail (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 7:34

Hi -
Looks like the 2010 winter snow and yesterday's storm has taken a toll on our 22yr-old roof which has begun a leak.

So,

AAA) We were looking for a local Rockville/Montgomery county area roofer - any recommendations would be welcome.

BBB) Not sure whether we should locate the leak, patch and correct or go for a new roof.

CCC) If new, not sure whether solar's still too early/experimental to try - whether there may be tax/other incentives that will make it worth it..

And finally (!!)

DDD) Not sure whether insurance will pick up any of the tab...

What do y'all think??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roofer recommendations - Rockville,MD area and other qns..

With a 22 y.o. roof, tear it off and replace it.
Ask neighbors for references; get two or three bids.
I doubt insurance would cover much, if any of it.
What type of solar system are you wondering about? Some are experimental while others have been around a while.
Ask the contractor about tax advantages for the various products.

o
RE: Roofer recommendations - Rockville,MD area and other qns..

We used Marshall Roofing, Very good company and they are also going to do my parents roof. They were quick and very straight forward with everything. You will get a typed written estimate, before they leave. Also, they don't hesitate to tell you if you don't need a new roof, they said my parents can go another 3-5 years before it needs to be replaced.

If you have any questions, let me know.

I am not affiliated with them, just a very happy customer.

Ps I live in g'burg...

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here