Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roof is leaked!

Posted by rosessecretgarden (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 3:56

Hey all!
The roof of my room leak due to rain water. How could i repair it? It happens only if the water stays on the roof for long time. we can spread away the water if its day time but at night, its not possible. i need to repair my roof. What material i will need for that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roof is leaked!

It would help to know the roofing material and slope.

If it is almost flat, black and feels like a sheet of rubber, it is probably EPDM (synthetic rubber). You can probably buy a small roll of self-adhering EPDM at a lumberyard and patch it yourself if you can find the hole (which could be small or numerous). You should buy a spray-on cleaner and apply the patch in moderate to warm temperatures using a small roller to press it down along the edges.

If it is built-up asphalt with gravel on top you need to hire a roofer.

Patching low-slope roofing with an incompatible material will most certainly fail.

o

Hire a reputable roofer that is familiar with your roofing type and in writing will back up the repair.

o
should add.....

Make sure they are legal, licensed, insured and get referalls and check them out. It's a good idea to get more than one estimate and not go necessarily with the lowest bid, but rather the one who's reputation is intact. If your state has a licensing board, you can check on them by posting their states license number for any negatives against them. Sounds like a lot of effort for a repair, but you dont want a hack up there who wont do it right the first time around and chances are, you could have bigger problems than just the one leak that they can inspect for you.

o

as i am not sure of the material but i think it is not the synthetic rubber one of course.
I will hire a roofer, i do not know any in my area but i consulted my neighbor and he told me about one.
i have called him. he will come this weekend. thanks guys

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here