Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jammed tubular lock

Posted by saypoint (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 26, 10 at 20:47

I don't know if this is the right forum for this problem, but none of the others seemed to fit the topic either.

I have a small sentry fireproof box for storing stuff. The other day, when I was closing and locking it, something happened to the tubular lock. The inner ring which has a notch in it is misaligned relative to the other notches in the outer ring, and I can no longer put the key in the lock. It's locked with the lid open, so I can't close it, which I guess is better than locked closed and not being able to get in.

I did a web search, and found a lot of instructions for how to pick locks (!!!) but I'm not sure this applies to my issue. I've also emailed a request for help to Sentry, but haven't heard from them yet.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jammed tubular lock

Take it to a locksmith.

o
RE: jammed tubular lock

Thanks. I emailed Sentry with my problem, and they are sending me a special key to unjam the lock.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here