Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasmar_gw

door knob/lockset for interior garage door

Jasmar
12 years ago

Ok, posting this here because the guys at the two local big box (orange and blue) think I am crazy. I need to replace the doorknob/lockset for the door that is between my living room and garage. The current doorknob/lockset on there works like a normal lockset but once the door is closed you can turn the knob and the latch extends into the doorjamb like a deadbolt. I thought this was called a garage entry lockset but like I said no one at either of the big boxes knew what I was talking about. They suggested that I take it off and bring it up to them but not sure what that would solve since they obviously don't stock such a thing. Have had basically the same thing on two different houses (approx 25-30 year old houses) so I know I am not crazy. Maybe they no long make these things. Guy at orange big box suggested I install a normal deadbolt but I need something that latches cause I dont want to lock it each time I go in and out (laundry is in garage). And I would rather not have to cut another hole in the door. Anyone know what I am describing and if any manufactures still make such a thing. I checked the schlage and kwikset websites and am not seeing them.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment (1)