Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener HELP!

Posted by debwitt1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 17:51

I have a Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener that only works from the wall unit. I bought a new remote and programmed it but it does not help. I changed the light bulb. It does not help.

The learn indicator light blinks in a series of 4 blinks. What does this mean? I don't have a manual. HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener HELP!

If you can get the serial number and model number from your garage door opener, via ladder or binoculars or whatever it takes, you should be able to download a user's manual from the internet. Just google it. I have done it with many different tools my husband has picked up at auction and most sights are free. It is helpful to print it off and stick it in a file for further reference.

The most I have paid for even a rebuild manual was $5.99.

Here is a link that might be useful: A link to get you started

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here