Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door remotes

Posted by bontree (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 16:28

I have a Craftsman 41A5021-3B M#193.53674SRT-1 1997 Garage door opener for which I lost 1 remote control. I found a replacement Model 970LM Lift-Master 390 MHz. Is it possible to install both remotes to the same receiver/operator? When I install the second code, the first remote seems to be cancled? Do I need two identical remotes? Thanks for a reply!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door remotes

They should both work with your opener. Try programming it this way.

Hold the button down on the remote while you press and immediately release the learn button on the rear of the motor unit. Do this for each remote. The key is to not hold the learn button in too long as it will erase what it presently has in memory.

o

I tried your suggestion, with no results. As soon as I pressed and released the learn button a led light on the back of the operator came on for about 60 seconds. The instructions on the back of the opperator said to "1.press and hold transmitter push botton. 2.press receiver code button. 3.When opener light flashes, release both push buttons "

Is it possible that changes have been made to the system sence 1995?
Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

o

It sounds like your logic board may be bad. Both of those remotes are listed as Security + which is what your opener is. Just in case my information is wrong make sure the new one is Security +. It should say that on the case. There have been no changes as far as programming is concerned since the original opener with the smart/learn button.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here