Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is "corrective" termite treatment?

Posted by tlbean2004 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 15:14

I have a yearly termite contract. My home has never had any termites or damage.
I was going through papers the other day and came across the inspection report i had done back in October.
The guy put down that i have "corrective" treatment as opposed to "preventive" treatment.
The inspection also says that there are no sigh of termite or any damage.

So i was wondering what is the difference betwen "corrective" and "preventive" termite treatment?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is "corrective" termite treatment?

"So i was wondering what is the difference betwen "corrective" and "preventive" termite treatment?"

Exactly what it sounds like. Vacines are preventive for desease,anti-biotics are corrective. Good people skills are preventive of having your ears boxed,ice packs and iodine are corrective.
Termite bait stations can be either. Preventive bait is highly atractive to termites but not toxic to them nor enviroment. They are placed underneath the soil several places around house foundation. If the tech finds termites in the bait, he replaces it as well as others closeby with poison bait which is corrective.
That is not an all inclusive list,there are other stratigies but that should answer your question.

o

Termite infestation is realized only when the home owner sees an infestation within the premises. Usually when noticed they have already made a significant amount of damage so, conducting Corrective treatments will act as a barrier which prevents Subterranean Termites from ever intruding into your property.

o

manuel,

Preventive to prevent....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here