Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just plain ugly or incorrect install??

Posted by ro_man (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 17, 09 at 11:58

Hi, we just had a our roof re-done; got the two older layers removed and had a new 30year Certainteed landmark installed.

I am not sure about the new drip edges installation. The locations where the edges overlap and the corners looks a bit shoddy with gaps. Is this reason for concern; should the contractor fix it before I pay him or am I just being overtly concerned?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just plain ugly or incorrect install??

Not too concerned about ascetics that's for sure. The side pieces look like they have been overlapped too much. The corners were butt joined and not cut on a 45 degree to get a cleaner look.
If you're not happy, let him know. They can be adjusted in place for a better look.
Ron

o

"If you're not happy, let him know. They can be adjusted in place for a better look."

True that. Not the work of a craftsman, but it will function without trouble.

o

The overlap could be fixed with one or two white pop rivets.

The corners, on the other hand might require more work - can't see too much from the pic.

o

Very sloppy install.

Looks like rank amateur.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here