Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removable rain gutters?

Posted by hjihji (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 9:59

Our metal rain gutters kept getting pulled loose from the house due to snow and ice from the roof (we live in VT). I took them all down and only want to put a few back where I really need them. However, I would like to use gutters that are easy to remove in the fall, preferably without having to unscrew brackets from the side of the house. I'd also like to do this myself, rather than hire a gutter installer.

The longest gutter is 14' and drains into a pipe. the other gutter is is shorter and drains water onto a lower roof, which then feeds the 14' gutter (so no drain pipe on this piece).

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removable rain gutters?

I don't have direct experience with this, but found something on the Internet which might fit your needs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Removeable gutters

o

Thanks for the link, kudzu9. I'll look it over.

o

Probably easier and less expensive to invest in a gutter cover that will slow down the gutters from filling with ice/snow as well as allow the snow/ice slide to shoot off the gutter without ripping it off.

o

Are they installed correctly so ice sliding off the roof doesn't hit them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here