Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldwin577

Reroofing steep roof

Michael Baldwin
9 years ago

Just to start with, I have done several roofes, so for the most part I know what I am about.
The steepest roof I have done was a 8/12 with an intersecting garage that was done at 6/12.
Now I need to do a 12/12 pitch roof, which is steeper then I want to do with out using roof jackes.
The roof ridges look like a plus from the top, so I have lots of balley to do as well. My plan is to add the roof jackes and start tare off at the top, removing the roof jacks as I go down, then start at the bottom and work my way back up adding felt and shingles, and additional roof jacks as I work my way back up.
Normally I line my valleys with a single piece of ice and water shield, from the ridge to the eve, add two roes of ice and water shield along the eves and go the rest of the way up with 30 lb felt, and then install w valley pans.
A little confused on how I can manage this using roof jacks. using roof jackes when putting the felt and valley tin on would result in holes in the felt, I would think, I suppose I can patch them with a scrap piece of felt, but just interested in what procedure people use when using roof jacks. I'll be starting off my scaffolding, so I will have a pretty sturty place to start from.

Michael

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz