Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thermostat wiring

Posted by bjfost7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 23:27

I have a lux programmable thermostat that was installed a while back. I have central air and never noticed before that the blower is constantly running even when the unit isnt. when it hits the right temperature and it kicks off but the blower stays on and never shuts off, can someone tell me what to do about this? Im not only worried about the cost of this constantly running, but what effect its working the unit. Any info on what i should be looking at to fix this would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thermostat wiring

I don't mean to insult you, but are you sure the FAN switch is set to the AUTO position.
Most fan motors are rated for continuous operation so high useage shouldn't be a problem. I find that leaving mine on makes for fewer cold/warm corners in the house, especially a two-floor house.
If you go to the Lux website, you can download the instruction manual for your model and see if it is connected correctly. If it was installed by a contractor, you may want to call them back.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lux Instruction Manuals

o
RE: thermostat wiring

Running the fan all the time is a god way to inject moisture back into the house during cooling cycles.

The evaporator is soaking wet when the AC meets the set point.

Keeping the blower on helps evaporate this moisture and put it back into the house.

This post was edited by brickeyee on Sun, May 5, 13 at 15:18

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here