Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air Roofing nailer

Posted by SBLandscape (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 23:04

I'm looking at getting a roofing nailer. I've narrowed them down to Ridgid, Senco, Bostitch & Dewalt, I'm going through their CPO site.
Ridgid is $160, comes with a lifetime service guarantee I believe.
Senco Roofpro 450 is $140.
Bostitch URN46 is $150
Dewalt D51321R is $140
Looking for a good nailer but don't want to spend big bucks on it.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air Roofing nailer

I got mine at Harbor Freight. Been using it over a year and no problems. Just make sure you keep it oiled, basically the same thing you have to do with any of them.

o

Of those listed, I'd get the Senco. I have several tools made by the other brands, but Senco nailers have been the second best for years, with Hitachi leading.

o

I had a Bostitch (I don't recall the model number) for several years of trouble-free use, though it needed the air pressure to stay over 100 psi to perform smoothly.

o

senco worked well for me..untill I gave up roof work
because of my painful knees.
be careful up there.

best of luck!

o

Stay away from the Harbor Freight nailers. The first one was DOA, the second is not much better. It takes four pulls of the trigger to fire one nail, and that nail is bent most of the time. I've heard many good things about the Senco and borrowed one to see for myself. What a difference. That's what I'm going with.

o

Based on my experience, I'd go for Senco.

Here is a link that might be useful: Calgary roofing

o

I was going to get senco but my birthday was coming up, so I had to wait. My mom ended up getting me the Ridgid.
Should I return it & get the senco or just go with the Ridgid?
Thanks for all the replies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here