Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help ID a Hinge (with pics)!!

Posted by skylyn (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 19:53

I've got to replace some hinges on my old cabinets but they are a weird style and I can't find them at any local places (HD/Lowes etc.). I saw some similar ones online but I'm not sure if they are right. So, I am appealing here, please help! Below is a pic of one of the hinges with some dimensions. Let me know what you think...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help ID a Hinge (with pics)!!

Is that a second connected plate in front of your finger like the one pinched by your thumb and finger? I think I've seen that kind years ago. And is that a bolt/post on the front side of the right part at the 1" arrow?
You might continue to have a problem finding them. Scour the search engines and then you may want to replace them all at some point if you can't find them.
Not seeing more angles makes it a bit difficult to tell exactly what it looks like to do my own search.

Good luck with it. Maybe somebody else on here will recognize it right away and know where there are some.

o

Why do you need to replace them? If it is only for
cosmetic reasons, then you can refinish them, or have
them professionally re-plated.

o

It is probably a proprietary hinge design made for a particular manufacturer. Crown Point uses something similar (with a threaded plate that fits into a routed notch to allow adjustment) but it doesn't have the half-inset, lipped feature I seem to be seeing here.
It may end up with you buying hinges with a similar door/cabinet relationship with a conventional mounting (screws).
Casey

o

There are plastic-like pieces that are broken and most of these hinges now sag, so it is not for cosmetic purposes.

yes, that second piece is connected. the bolt/screw goes into the back of the cabinet door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here