Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How would you attach a latice panel to a chainlink fence?

Posted by hazy237 (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 17:34

Here's a little background... the chainlink fence is like a good neighbors fence for my property and the people next door. It is 4ft in height. The problem is that the fence being a chain link, it lacks privacy. I was thinking of using latice panels (either vinyl or the wooden kind) and attaching it vertically to the chain link fence to solve the privacy problem.

Now my question is: what is the best way to attach it to the chainlink fence? Should I put down posts, use wires, etc? I need suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks in advace!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How would you attach a latice panel to a chainlink fence?

For a 4' by 8' panel where the heighth will be 8'...it would be best to add posts. Otherwise, the lattice will be beaten by the wind and will not hold up.

o

What about those slats that they weave through chain link fences for just this reason. Wouldn't that be the easiest solution?

o

I like the easy way..
I would use vinyl lattice, cut it to fit
between posts & attach with lock ties...
I saw an article in JLC where they were
using lock ties on rebar in slabs..those
things are easy to work with & lock tightly...
best of luck.

o

Be sure to use tha black tie wraps if you go tis way.
The clear units are not very UV resistant.

o

sdello.. the problem is that the chain link fence is only 4ft in height, the neighbors can still see over it.

energy_rater_la & brickeyee.. I will try your ideas and let you know if it works.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

o

I didn't realize that you were trying to increase the height, I thought you were trying to block the view through the chain link.
I can't see that a section of anything ~6ft tall would be held rigid enough to look decent and stay straight by tie wrapping it to a chain link fence between posts.
You might try fastening some pressure treated boards hosrizontally between the existing posts and then screwing your vinyl lattice sections to them. Other option is to simply put up a parallel fence new posts and all. HTH

o

couldn't you just plant some nice hedges?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here