Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yelkenli_2010

drainage using corrugated piping

yelkenli_2010
13 years ago

I have two downspouts with 4" corrugated pipes coming off their ends. they need to come together in a Y and then continue draining downhill away from the house.

I have two problems. 1) the T's and Y's at the store have 3 female ends. I would expect one end to be male, so that it could fit into a female end. this way, water would flow only on the inside of the pipe system, and not on the outside and into the dirt.

2) one of the pipes runs 16 feet across. the original installer, used a 10 foot section and 6 feet of a second section. Since the run is close to horizontal, it seems the water would leak out of the joint. the male end is shoved into the female end, but there is no caulking.

both of these issues are for piping that is close to the uphill side of my house. currently, I have water running through my crawl space. I think these are the source.

How should this drainage system work, and are there any experts or websites that even explain how this drainage piping and fittings work together.

Thanks,

Ted

Comments (6)