More Pics

Posted by holly210 (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 14 at 14:38

This hole here can't be good. I think the water is coming in here too

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Pics

holly210:

The addition siding seems to butt to the old facia/roof. The old roof should have been cut back, the addition sheathing applied, and the new siding/flashing tied into the old roof/facia in a mechanical leak-free manner.

The guy who did this doesn't have a clue.

o

So, when the contractor comes over do I tell him what you said? Did you see the other pics? Is this why there is water leaking down onto the trim piece that I showed in another picture? thanks

o

Bad design is the main culprit. Needs to have just about all of the roofing and siding at the juncture ripped off and properly detailed with correct flashing. And gutters added. You've got much bigger problems than just that one rotten piece.

o

The root of your trouble is no flash where the shingle meets siding,wherther there is more like no steps or improperly installed steps is anybody's guess without inspecting it.
BTW,I agree with what someone else said about starting multiple threads for a single issue.

o

As a member of the technologically challenged group myself, let's lighten up on the multiple posts, 'n kay?

o

Technologically challenged,

And yet you consider yourself the Moderator? lol

Start ONE thread with post w/pic.

Same thread, 2n post w/pic

Get the pattern? All pics and answers and follow-ups in one thread. As is the OP is getting fragmented answers in multiple threads.

Think about it.

This post was edited by saltidawg on Sat, May 10, 14 at 10:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here