Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sprinkler zone repair

Posted by msvick (My Page) on
Wed, May 6, 09 at 13:35

One of my sprinkler zones no longer will come on. I have tried it manually as well as setting the timer. I assume it has something to do with a wiring problem but I have no idea where the wires are. Can someone please help? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sprinkler zone repair

There are certain things you need to know before you start. How many zones you have. Which number zone is not working And where the valve box(es) are.
To find these boxes, you follow the wires from the timer, outside to the valve box. This will be in the ground with a removable cover. Inside the box are a number of control valves. One for each zone you have. If you have many zones you may have more then one valve box.
The connections should be in capped connectors with a sort of grease in them. This keeps the wires from corroding.
You can manually turn on each zone from this box by turning the valve tops, one at a time until you get to the zone that's not working. Once you find the zone, check to see that the wires are, not corroded and properly connected.
This is the easiest to check. If you have a problem with this, it would be best to call in a pro to fix the problem.
Because if this is not it, you could either have a bad valve or a bad timer component.
Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here