Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it ok to smoke a hookah pipe through a 15mm copper plumbing pi

Posted by jemshkoj (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 12:41

Have some asian friends who always smoke a hookah pipe on weekends.

I don't like using rubber hoses, so I have used a 15mm copper plumbing pipe instead. It fits perfectly in the hookah pipe outlet. At first everyone thought it was funny, but now used to it.

Its already eccentric to smoke hookah pipes in the UK, so I don't see it as odd to use my own tube. I guess it was funny because no one expected the copper pipe would be a perfect fit.

On other words, other noobs smoking in rubber, I am smoking metal.

Seriously apart from the health risks in smoking, such as tar. Is there anything less safe in smoking through copper, than rubber?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it ok to smoke a hookah pipe through a 15mm copper plumbin

and you came here to ask that?

o

I can't think of rubber being safer. I'd stick with the copper, but maybe upgrade to stainless steel if concerned.

o

copper will work,,but only if you solder the copper pipe to your lips with lead free solder.....LOL

o

Having green tinted lips from the corrosion will be a distinctive fashion statement.

o

"Having green tinted lips from the corrosion will be a distinctive fashion statement."

If you absorb enough you will get copper poisoning.

Like everything, the dose makes the poison.

o

This may be the right forum if he gets too high & drops the pipe(I guess it would be lit wouldn't it? I don't smoke anything ever!!) Anyway he better keep this forum bookmarked when he needs to repair the place after he gets careless! Oh, might want to take a nail file & smooth end of pipe so you don't cut your lips!!

o

would that be the proper application for "pipe dope"

o

Wow, never expected to see a question like that here!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here