Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman ½ Garage Door Opener - Remote Problems

Posted by markdey (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 10 at 9:39

I have a Craftsman ½ hp unit, model 139.53995SRT that operates fine with the wired door control that is mounted on the wall. It used to work ok with the keyless entry number pad, as well as with the three button remote control, but no more.

I'm guessing that the antenna or receiver on the unit has stopped receiving commands from the remotes. I've switched batteries and attempted to sync the remotes to the opener by following the Learn instructions, but no luck.

If I was to replace the part of the opener that receives the radio commands, would that be the logic board assembly? (Sears part 41A5483-2B)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman ½ Garage Door Opener - Remote Problems

You are exactly right.

o

Thanks!

o

Does the wall buton have an LED on it? Is it flashing? yopu may have inadvertently set the unit into vacation mode, which disables the remotes but allows the wall pad to work.

Just a thought.

o

sdello the keypad would still work if it were in the vacation mode.

o

thanks don. I did not catch that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here