Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get cat poop off a patio ?

Posted by jemshkoj (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 7:57

I live upstairs & I have a little patio. I've been leaving my cat out there so she can poop in her litter box but she's had a couple accidents with pooping on the patio floor. I picked as much as I can up with some gloves & a bag. Thing is, there's still some poop on the floor & it's gross. I was thinking of watering it down but since I'm upstairs the water is just going to go downstairs to the floor. & that's right in front of the people who lives under me front door. So that's not going to work. Should I just use some bleach & just scrub away ? Or Simple Green ? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get cat poop off a patio ?

What happens when it rains? The water flows off your patio down below so what's the big deal about runoff going off the patio. Just wash the deck and rinse thoroghly. Keep rinsing until it is diluted and goes away. All poop is biodegradable so it shouldn't be an issue.

P.S. I would not do it when your neighbors are going in and out of the their front door. You might let them know you want to wash your patio (and just don't go into all the details).

Also, to prevent the build-up again you could always shoot the cat.

o
RE: How to get cat poop off a patio ?

"...since I'm upstairs the water is just going to go downstairs to the floor. "

Patios are normally on the ground.

Sounds more like a balcony.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here