Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaking ceiling

Posted by gardenlover25 (My Page) on
Fri, May 22, 09 at 6:16

We decided to repair our ceiling because every time rain fall the rain keeps falling also inside the house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaking ceiling

Try fixing the roof before bothering with the ceiling.

o

Not much point in fixing the ceiling if your work is going to be ruined the next time it rains. Fix the roof first.

o

Some folks in the small town near our build have had tarps on their house ever since we've been going up there, quite a few years now. I guess when times were good, you would see new tarps which probably felt like a new roof to them. Last time up we noticed they finally got a new roof no doubt ending endless ceiling repairs. Feeling good for those folks...get your roof fixed!

o

Thanks for the advice highly appreciated!

Actually it costs us so much in fixing the roof and nothing happened. I think the design in installing our roof and water pipes has a conflict. So we have to remove the entire roof to see what was really the cause of these endless leaks in our ceiling.

Thanks.

o

it would be worthwhile to hire someone to identify the leakage sites.
pipe penetrations thru the roof requires a boot.
often times the boot has worn out. this is a very
affordable repair.

best of luck.

o

hello energy rater la,

I think I might consider your advice. Thanks.

o

I have asked someone who has skills in solving this problem and I'm studying the cost of repair and materials.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here