Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roof Inspector

Posted by paulsm (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 2:13

I am looking for a roof inspector in the Chicago area or for any suggestions as to how to find one. I want to separate the functions of inspection and actual work.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roof Inspector

What kind of roof?
Residential, Commercial, Flat, Pitched, Shingles, Slate, etc
What kind of work do you suspect has to be done?
Why not get three bids and accept that the same company may do both?

Here is a link that might be useful: Craig's List

o

Flat roofs
3 bldgs plus a garage... not that much space though
I typically get 2 or three bids but that is a useless approach as each vendor pads their bids to the point of being absurd.
I want an idependent roof inspector to define the normal maintenance tasks and provide an estimated cost which we can then use to evaluate and negotiate the vendor bids who will actually do the work.

o

you could check with the american society of home inspectors (ASHI). perhaps they could recomend someone to
you.
best of luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here