Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman opener flashing 4 times

Posted by sasquatch_runner (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 2:06

Purchased and installed Craftsman door opener October 2009, model 139.18458DM. Worked great until now. Door will open using remote but won't close. When trying to close door, begins to move then stops immediately. Light flashes 10 times. Door will close when pressing wall switch continuously. One door sensor LED is green and other is yellow. Checked sensor alignment. Cleaned lense on sensors. Vacation button is not activated...no flashing light on wall switch.

The LED light at LEARN button flashes 4 times then off for 4 seconds and repeats this cycle. During the 4 second Off Cycle, LED flashes 4 times so faintly it's difficult to notice it's occuring. If incandescent light bulb is on, the LED flashing during the Off Cycle cannot be seen.

Don't have an instruction manaul. Sure could use some help, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman opener flashing 4 times

Safety reversing sensors slightly misaligned (dim or flashing LED).

Tweak the sensors to eliminate.

o
RE: Craftsman opener flashing 4 times

Tightened nut on sensor mounting bolt and checked alignment again. I think I was beginning to over analyze the problem. Operates good now with my remote and wall pad. Wife's remote didn't work today so reprogramed it with the learn button and works now. Thanks for the good advice to stick to the basics when troubleshooting. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here