Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
auntnete_gw

huge disaster

auntnete
15 years ago

20 years ago I was a single southern woman who decided I wanted an addition on my home. I did everything by the books. Got a highly recommended contractor. The quote was $20K with 10K up front and 10K at completion, Footers were dug and poured, the wall was knocked out, they got the 10K check and have never been seen again. I had 10K to fix this mess. I had a huge hole in the floor and huge hole in the wall. I later found out that it was all for show to make it look like they were doing something, that you would never knock out walls until you at least have the addition framed it. I was a stupid woman THEN but no more. The solution to the hole in the wall with the money I had left was to put a bay window in that spot. The dimensions were very close and it worked. It just looked really stupid. I want to take it out and put a wall there with bar and possibly wall shelving. My DH says I will hate it because I am so used to all the light streaming in and that will stop it all. It is an open floor plan so light does come in through the dining room and living room. There would be no windows in the kitchen. Any opinions out there? I have never been able wrap my brain around this window and it always kinda stuck out like a sore thumb. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)