Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fypon

Posted by jerry_nj (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 17:39

I am looking to replace a triangular vent (about 64" wide and 28" high, steep roof) that is at least 25' from the nearest eye... and I suppose anything that is white will look like wood.

I found a pre-made unit on the web made out of Fypon. Any opinions on this material? I assume it will not rot, chip or peel... but it should at least resemble wood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fypon

Good material. Can be pricey, but it's well made and the molded details are pretty good.

o
RE: Fypon

Thanks, I already decided without ever seeing it. I have seen plastic woods, Lowes and HD carry some trim that is plastic (whatever) and it has a wood grain appearance. The application I have is at the peak of a two story house, triangular louvers. Five feet wide with a 8/12 rise. I'd like this to not need future painting as it is getting beyond my age to get to the top of my 32' ladder. As for price, about $150 with tax and delivery to my home. I suppose one could make one from about $50 worth of wood, but assembling on the ground it would be very heavy to lift up there. I also understand the Fypon is relatively light weight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here